- 2018-11-20 On 20 November at 10:00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in political consultations with Egyptian officials
- 2018-11-20 On 20 November at 2:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending an international high-level trade policy conference “Global Trade – what is in it for us?” at the National Gallery of Art
- 2018-11-20 On 20 November at 2:00 p.m., the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is chairing a meeting of the European Committee under the Government of Lithuania
- 2018-11-21 On 21 November at 9:00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with the new Austrian Ambassador Yvonne Toncic-Sorinj
- 2018-11-21 On 21 November at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with the Kyrgyz Foreign Minister Chingiz Aidarbekov
Lithuania mints a silver coin dedicated to the centenary of its diplomatic service
On 13 February, a presentation of coins issued by the Bank of Lithuania on the occasion of the centenary of the restoration of the state of Lithuania took place at the House of Signatories in Vilnius. One coin is dedicated to Lithuania’s diplomatic service.
“It is symbolic that Lithuania’s diplomatic service and the state of Lithuania are both celebrating their 100th anniversary this year. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania was the first government institution of the restored state of Lithuania and the diplomatic service has operated for a hundred years uninterruptedly. During the period of occupation, we had our own representatives, legations, even premises in Washington, D.C., and London,” said the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Albinas Zananavičius, when presenting the coin.
On 13 February, the Bank of Lithuania issued a new series of coins – the gold coin is dedicated to signatories, while three silver coins are dedicated, respectively, to the country’s diplomatic service, military and paramilitary force, and the judicial system.