- 2018-12-12 On 12 December at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2018-12-12 On 12 December at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2018-12-12 On 12 December at 4:30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in an opening of the exhibition of drawings and posters by Ukrainian schoolchildren at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- 2018-12-12 to 2018-12-16 On 12-16 December, the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė is participating in meetings of the initiative of the Enhanced Partnership in Northern Europe (e-PINE) in Washington, D.C.
- 2018-12-13 On 13 December at 1.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the Government meeting at the Seimas.
Lithuania's Foreign Minister meets with the Vice President of the Islamic Republic of Iran
On 8 June, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with the Vice President of the Islamic Republic of Iran Masoumeh Ebtekar on the margins of the Global Summit of Women Leaders in Vilnius.
During the meeting, the issues of bilateral cooperation as well as the problems related to the implementation of Iran's nuclear agreement (Joint Comprehensive Plan of Actions, JCPOA) were discussed.
The Minister emphasised the willingness of the European Union countries to maintain the JCPOA; however, efforts are also needed from the Iranian side. He expressed concern at Iran’s plans to increase uranium enrichment capacities and invited Tehran to openly discuss the most urgent issues of international security including the role of Iran in the Middle East region as well as the suspension of the Iranian ballistic missile program. The Minister also called on Iran to maintain a closer and more open dialogue with the United States of America.
On 10 September 1991, Iran officially acknowledged the restoration of Lithuania’s independence by confirming the validity of the Treaty of 1930 between the Republic of Lithuania and the Persian Empire. Diplomatic relations with Iran were formally established on 4 November 1993.