- 2019-02-21 to 2019-02-22 On 21-22 February, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius participates in an Informal Meeting of Trade Ministers in Bucharest
- 2019-02-22 to 2019-02-23 On 22-23 February, the Minister Linas Linkevičius visits Germany
- 2019-02-22 On 22 February at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with the Prime Minister of the Hessian State Volker Bouffier in Frankfurt
- 2019-02-22 On 22 February at 11:00 a.m., the Press Conference by the Minister Linas Linkevičius and the Prime Minister of the Hessian State Volker Bouffier
- 2019-02-22 On 22 February at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the opening of the Honorary Consulate of Lithuania in Frankfurt
Minister L. Linkevičius attends high level meeting of 'Friends of Cohesion' in Slovakia
On 29 November, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius attended a high level meeting of the 'Friends of Cohesion' group in Bratislava, Slovakia.
Lithuania‘s Foreign Minister stressed the importance of agreeing on the next EU multiannual financial framework (MFF) immediately to avoid delaying the implementation of projects that were of importance for Lithuania. On the other hand, the quality of the future program is even more important. Lithuania cannot accept proposals to radically reduce the budget of Cohesion Policy, as it would adversely affect the socio-economic development of Lithuanian regions. It is very important to continue implementing infrastructure projects, ensuring a level playing field for both farmers and scientists at EU level.
"We should not create a two-speed Europe. It is also important to secure adequate funding for such areas as security and defense, the protection of the EU's external borders, and military mobility. Due attention should be given to the European Neighborhood Policy. Thus, today, we are sending a strong political signal based on clear arguments," said Lithuania‘s Foreign Minister.
During his visit to Bratislava, L. Linkevičius met with the Slovak Foreign Minister Miroslav Lajčák and discussed perspectives of the European Union's Cohesion Policy, progress in the MFF 2021–2027 negotiations, and other items on the European and international political agendas.
"The international community must give a solid response to the unacceptable and provocative actions by the Russian Federation," said L. Linkevičius as regards to Russia‘s attack on Ukrainian vessels in the Kerch Strait.
The Ministers discussed cooperation among the Nordic, Baltic and Visegrad countries, including the traditional annual meeting of Foreign Ministers of the Visegrad and the NB8 countries. In the coming year, the meeting will take place in Vilnius. L. Linkevičius and M. Lajčák shared their opinions about the debate topics and the Slovak Presidency of the Visegrad Group from 2018 July.
The head of Lithuania's diplomacy also took interest in Slovakia‘s plans in the run-up to the Chairmanship of the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe in 2019.
Photos by TLAC/MZV.