- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 8.45 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with the USAID Regional Mission Director to Ukraine and Belarus Susan K. Fritz
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 9.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a discussion "Lithuania's support to Ukraine, Ukraine's progress and prospects" at the Seimas
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a ministerial meeting
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in the Belarus Reality Check forum in Vilnius
- 2018-10-22 to 2018-10-23 On 22-23 October, the Chancellor Jūratė Raguckienė is attending the EU Chancellors‘ Meeting in Brussels
Minister Linkevičius meets with representatives of Heritage Foundation
On 10 July, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with economic experts of the Heritage Foundation, which is the U.S. research and educational institution, the former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Terry Miller, and the Editor of the Index of Economic Freedom Anthony Kim.
Linkevičius drew attention to accumulating results of the Lithuania-U.S. investment, trade cooperation, emphasizing that the U.S. companies operating in Lithuania could feel safe and develop their activities successfully. The country's safe and secure environment is ensured by our membership of the EU, NATO and the OECD, as well as by Lithuania‘s active multilateral cooperation in the Nordic-Baltic Eight (NB8) format. "Lithuania values the importance of transatlantic ties for our national and economic security. It is also a great place for the U.S. to invest," said Linkevičius.
Lithuania‘s Foreign Minister also drew attention to the negative impact of the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline on energy security of the European Union and presented Lithuania's cooperation with the United States for importing liquefied natural gas.
The representatives of the Heritage Foundation conveyed an invitation to the Lithuanian Foreign Minister to visit the U.S. research institution. On 9 July, they also participated in an international conference "Can we do more to boost Lithuania's competitiveness?", which was organized by the Ministry of Economy of Lithuania and the Lithuanian Free Market Institute.